Stansfield is a village and civil parish in the St Edmundsbury district of Suffolk in eastern England.
Located seven miles south-west of Bury St Edmunds, in 2011 its population was 221.
The village has an Anglican church dedicated to All Saints.
All Saints Church has always played a pivotal role within the community. The church itself is flint-fronted and is situated at the north end of the village on Plough Hill. History of the church dates back to the time of the Norman conquest. Very little of the original church still exists, In 1896 the 70 foot, fourteenth century, Norman erected foot tower was restored and new tower bells were introduced. In regards to the size of the church, it can be considered large in comparison to the size of the parish and local population. It was restored again recently, through efforts of the Stansfield Church Restoration Committee and the whole village] Within the church a war memorial can be found to commemorate the Stansfield men that lost their lives in the First and Second World Wars. On the memorial it states;
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" St John
In total, ten men lost their lives, eight in the First World War and two in the Second World War.
Stansfield parish features a book club, village fete, bridge club, cricket club and a monthly newsletter. With a low population, each activity allows the community spirit to remain high